Sunday, May 15, 2011

TV Catchup and HD

Finally, I watched the Fringe finale, and wow it was action packed.
The future! Death of Olivia! Disappearance of Peter!
Leaving so many questions!
I haven't listened to the Fringe Podcasts about the finale yet, but am looking forward to it.

Also finally watched The Cape finale.
I had hoped it would try to end the show well, but it didn't.
It only left on a mostly sad and unfinished note.
In the end it was a comic-hero show that had potential for a but didn't live up to it, and sadly another cancelled show for Summer Glau (Firefly, 4400).

Watched a couple new shows lately.
Including the US version of Being Human. So far it has been better than expected given the reviews I read (either loving or hating). I'm of course a fan of supernatural themed shows with vampires, werewolves, ghosts (Supernatural, True Blood, The Gates, Angel). And yes the werewolf always makes me feel bad for him and his sad face.
Also a show called Moonlight off Netflix about a vampire detective that is cheesy (green screen background in car) but I like made-for-Scifi-looking shows.

I found a lonely Western Digital 1TB USB external harddrive lately.
I tried it out with some TV content since the 80GB and 40GB drives on this machine are mostly used up.
It was seamless to add another video source in XBMC for TV shows and have them appear in the same list. Videos played fine from it as well. Ended up loading about 12GB of content on it.
But it wasn't all smooth. Getting the data on the drive could be slower at times, apparently from being overloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment