Friday, July 29, 2011

JavaOne in October

As of yesterday, I am signed up to attend JavaOne 2011.
It will be from October 2-6 in San Francisco, California!
This will be my second time on the west coast and first time in California.

Normally I wouldn't attend such an expensive ($2k to register) conference but work is paying.
And yesterday was still during the early bird pricing.
I'm registered but still need to book flights and a hotel.

I can't really be excited about it. I don't like flying and I'm not sure what I'll be doing there.
These talks do sound interesting.
And at least the registration info said it could cater food for vegans.

Coincidentally Java7 became available yesterday.

I don't really care. I mean it is nice to see movement on Java. But I'll be more interested after the updates come out and it becomes stable.
Not that i'm even working on the latest Java6, so who knows when I'll try out the new features.

No comments:

Post a Comment