Sunday, February 27, 2011

Econut: TV Reference of the Day

Today I was Marshall from How I Met Your Mother s06e17 Garbage Island.
But instead of searching through a dumpster for O-rings, I was looking for cardboard.

I was making a run dropping off trash and recycles. When I went to put the trash bag in the dumpster but I couldn't.
The dumpster was filled with boxes that hadn't been broken down.
I instead walked to the next dumpster and threw my trash in.
Now at this point I could have walked away, but of course I didn't.
I reached in the first dumpster and started hauling out the boxes. These were large Home Depot moving boxes.
I took out as many as I could without climbing in, broke them down, and filled the car. I was planning to drop off recycles next anyway.
I ended up with 7 of these large boxes to add to my 4-5 bags worth of other recycles.

I also saw that one of the Silk soymilk containers had a green cap. I entered the UPC code on my phone so I could submit it online (for things like wind power). Sadly I see the green caps website isn't available at the moment (apparently ended last year).

No comments:

Post a Comment