Saturday, February 5, 2011

Story of a Revived Computer: Part 2

And so it is continued finally...

Put in the order at Newegg for a new power supply for the dead machine
Also included new fans for the front of the case since the old ones were caked in dust, had burnt out LEDs, and were from the original build years ago

Picked up the box from UPS on Friday and put them in today
I also cleaned out dust after removing the old power supply and fans, and also organized the cables.
And now it is back up and running.
So apparently the problem was related to the power supply (thankfully).

Here's the current mix of parts:


With the new power supply, the hard drive is my remaining worry because of its age

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got your PC up and running again. It may be a franken-computer, but that's why PCs are so much fun, you can do that to a point.

    Most of my PC components are from 2006 except my new video-card. I really need to upgrade my CPU and RAM but I'll need a new MoBo to do it. I also have a hard-drive dedicated to ebooks/audiobooks that no longer shows up in windows... I need to see if it's recoverable.

    ReplyDelete