Monday, February 20, 2012

Fringe-tastic

Fringe is really in high gear it seems.
And I'm always trying to get caught up with the week-delay on Hulu.
So much happening lately on the show and its all good.
So that even an episode like the recent s04e12 welcome to westfield that could have been just a fun mystery/monster-of-the-week was still driving the larger story.

What I really liked was how it reminded me of other stories I've enjoyed (twilight zone, scifi/horror/zombie films, supernatural, etc)
Being trapped in an apparently deserted small town
People are going insane, "infected", looking like zombie/mutant, raid the sheriff station for guns
Effects occurring in cycle (i thought of silent hill)
Surroundings disappearing, approaching closer (reminded me of langoliers)
Even the beginning of the episode had an X-files feeling with cars suddenly dying on a backroad with radio interference and lights above similar to a UFO

So I enjoyed the classic scifi themes while also building the main story of Fringe this season (david robery jones, the timelines/universes, different versions of olivia and walter)

No comments:

Post a Comment