Sunday, May 15, 2011

New HD and Gaming

The new internal harddrive from Newegg arrived, a Western Digital 500GB caviar blue.
I installed the hardware and rewired, cleaning a little in the process.
Then I initiated, partitioned, formatted, waited over an hour or so for it to complete.
And finally the empty 465GB of space was available.

I moved the Steam install to the new drive and began downloading Bad Company 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.
In the end these took up about 20GB of space.
I could only hope that BC2 would run on the other machine (new drive was needed as no space available) since it won't run on this single core old machine.
And it has been about 2 months since I last played it on my now relinquished work laptop.
Thankfully it appears to run fine so far when I tested the single player.
Besides the new HD, I picked up a new headset, Logitech H530, which is the same model my old coworker had and a slight upgrade to my relinquished work headset.
So hopefully I am now set for some gaming again.

No comments:

Post a Comment