Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apocalypse

Seems to be one theme I've been into lately.

I was gifted Darksiders on steam for my birthday and became obsessed with it until I finally finished it.
Horseman against demons and angels. I enjoyed the story.
The Portal-ness was okay (yes portals and puzzles) as were the Dune/Tremors worms.
But I mostly enjoyed the atmosphere, and taking out a ton of zombies.

I've also been reading a book from the library called Good Omens on the similar end of the world topic.
It's good, I'm about half way through. I don't quite get all the England references, but the humor makes me think Dogma (or what little I remember).
Actually the beginning of the book made me think it should be called "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the End Times".
Angel, demon, witch, son of satan, horsemen. All with a nice modern twist, not unlike...

Supernatural, if only I was still watching it as well (to complete this trifecta), but it's on hold at the moment. I still haven't had a change to finish the last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment