Friday, April 8, 2011

Words, DND, Dead

I've gotten addicted to Words With Friends recently on iPod
I had a run with some good points, including wandS + joustS (52) - could have played gnawS (73), loving (30), Oracle + gO (48)
Those were in the same game, giving a 150+ lead. Also played hand (42) in another game.
I played best when I planned my next moves right after playing a word, so I had options and their points.

Finished Series 3 of the PA DND podcasts with the fall of Aeofel.
Just started Series 4, switching out Chris Perkins for Jerry as DM and adding Kris Straub. Definitely a different feeling, but a nice change. I do hope to see/hear more DND adventures with the previous characters and Chris.
I've also been catching up on older PATV, including the DND episode.

On the topic of DND, although I'm interested in it, I've never played.
I've mostly grown up playing video games:
Atari with Star Wars, Combat, Dig Dug, Off the Wall, Jungle Hunt, Frogger
Gameboy with Tetris, Super Mario, Metroid,...
Any arcade games like Centipede, Pac Man, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, especially liked Spy Hunter,...
PC with Wolfenstein, Doom, Diablo, lots of free games on CDs including Descent,...
A friend's Nintendo with Super Mario, Double Dragon,...
A friend's Sega with Sonic
Tons of Super Nintendo with Donkey Kong Country, Ninja Turtles, Super Mario, Shaq Fu, Smart Ball, Super Ghouls & Goblins, F-Zero, Super Punchout,...
Other friend's consoles including Playstation like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero,...
Wii with Sports and Super Smash Bros
More PC like GTA, Max Payne, Battlefield 2, Combat Arms, Half Life, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, Minecraft, Portal,.....
Ok, I'll stop, there are just too many to attempt to list and no way I will remember them all
But the point is, I've been a video game guy
And yes, I've played card and board games but definitely not as much, so DND is completely new for me

Read through the latest Walking Dead comic #83 and wow, it finally hit the fan in a big way. It came out a week early but I didn't get to finding out or reading it till this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment